Skip to main content

Travelling by buses || Thoughts

I live in Poland and I love this country. There are so many positive things I can tell about it. On the other hand there are few things I totally do not understand.

Today I took a bus to a library. I hardly got into the bus. There were so many people standing right next to the door but the further I was walking in the less people there were. I even sat down which was very shocking to some. It wasn’t like I pushed away some elder lady to relax on the seat. It was more like people looking at it but no one was wanting to sit. But when I did some looked at me as if I’ve just killed someone. I quite do not understand why, because there were more free seats there.

I almost laughed when after few stops still no one was moving to free area but everyone was squeezing each other. And each stop someone was always getting in. Maybe people like to be close to strangers or maybe they do not have their personal space. Or maybe, just maybe they are afraid they will not get out on their stop if they get further into the bus.

I am really puzzled why people behave like this. When it comes to me every time I am in the public bus I sit down when there is a free seat. I go where the free space is and I do not block the door so everyone can easily walk in and out. And I always say ‘excuse me’ when someone’s on my way to the door. I do not push through.

 I do not understand why people cannot do the same so everyone who’s travelling will travel more comfortable and safely.



I did want to write about it because it is not something that’s happened once or twice but it is happening always. Let me know what do you think of travelling in buses. Are they the same as I am taking or are they different?

Comments